How to create Connections and Roles in MS CRM 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am having a requirement based on witness type , witness should be selected for this they told me to create connection and add users to it . I don't know how to create it and whats the use of connections.

Please help me in creating connections...

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 10:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Basically Connections are similar to relationships except for that fact that you do not need to create a relationship manually between the two connecting entities. Also, the primary reason behind using Connections is to defines roles while connecting two entities. Say for example you want to "Connect" an Account to a Contact and you want the connection to be more meaningful; like say you want the Account to be connected to the Contact as an Employer and the Contact being the Employee. In such cases, you can use the Connection feature of Dynamics CRM.

Have a look here to know in depth about Connections : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-in/library/gg328381.aspx

To create a Connection, you can visit Entities and go to Connections from their Navigation Bar and relate other Entities with them.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 10:45 AM