How to solve the 50000 records limit for Dashboards queries in CRM Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have the already mentionned problem

when I make a chart in a dashboard with more than 50000 records I get the following message:

"Has exceeded the maximum record limit..."

None of the threads marked as related and as solution, after reading, brings a solution for MS CRM Online.

The Config seems to not be accessible for CRM On Line.

I would appreciate either:

- A direct solution to raise this 50000 limit,

- A pointer to another xway of doing dashboards without fetchxml, via an external solution or via SRS.

Many thanks for all answers.

CS

Monday, September 23, 2013 10:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Microsoft has put this limit for performance reasons and as it is online instance all the database updates are not available. Neither SSRS report is possible. Also 50,000 records is a lot to fetch graph data on. Is it possible to filter the record further to reduce the record count?

Minal

Monday, September 23, 2013 10:51 AM
  • This limit is very low when you consider a real CRM, not something for children ot dummies.
    Let's suppose I have 60 000 leads and I want to display on the right side of my view (as done in all demos) a grah with the progression in lead acquisition and be able to drill down inside these leads displaying further schémas from deeper sélections....all MS CRM Online is able to display is an error message saying the limit has been reached (not even some result based on the first 49999 leads).

Very poor product. No such limit on SalesForces.

Do you know an external addon doing the job without this limit and with same flexibility as this proposed by graphs associated to views ?

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:38 PM
  • Hi,

You always have an option of using CRM on-premise / hosted by partners to avoid this limitation. In case of hosted CRM, there is registry settings which can be applied to get over this limitation.

http://www.interactivewebs.com/blog/index.php/server-tips/turn-off-microsoft-crm-2011-5000-limit-on-data-retrieval-via-sdk/

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
     Minal Dahiya

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 4:01 AM
  • You can submit a case to Microsoft CRM support team. Online case is free of charge. Then tell how the limitation affect your business. They can do a manual change to 10k at most at backend if it is really necessary.

Wilson

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 2:38 AM