Proxy prompted at startup RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using IBM Machine. The OS is come with the machine preloaded.
    I have recovered the OS due to certain issue with the preloaded OS and software.
    I'm using proxy server to go internet in my company. Whenever the PC login, my proxy server login will be prompted. Quite irritating. I have validated the Windows COMPLETELY and SUCCESSFULLY.

I'm suspecting on this Windows Genuine Advantage Notification, because I have reformatted and reloaded the OS more than ten times. The proxy login will not be prompted if this Windows Genuine Advantage Notification is not installed. However, without this, most update are failed, and those colleagues who have "accidentally" installed this updates, are suffering with this prompting already.

Anyone can help me to stop the prompting - proxy setting is a must in my company.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 12:12 AM

Answers

• Amos:

I'm sorry for the inconvenience our program has caused legitimate business users (such as yourself). We're currently aware of the proxy issue (especially since companies require it at work) and suggest that you create a free on line support case for this WGA issue at:

http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&c1=509&gprid=9860&

They are aware of the direct fixes needed for this.

-Phil Liu

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 4:47 PM