none
OCS/Speech Server pre-installation questions RRS feed

• Question

• I have two questions regarding OCS installation.

1.  I need to install the Speech Server development pieces on my workstation.  I didn't see any information on doing that in the documentation, although with the length of the instructions for installation I could have just missed it.  Does anyone know what all I need to install on my development workstation (which has the beta installed) in order to do development?

2.  I have no need for anything OCS related.  In fact I would almost guarantee that I will not be allowed to install Exchange or Messaging software since we have a whole department dedicated to those types of things.  Even if I could I would prefer not to have to put something so useless to us on our servers.

Monday, August 20, 2007 7:47 PM

Answers

• Go to the link in my previous post.
    • Download SpeechServer.exe
    • Download English (United States) LP.exe for the United States English Language pack
    • Run the executables downloaded in the previous steps to install MSS and the United States english language pack.
    Tuesday, August 21, 2007 2:55 PM

All replies

• It's the same as the Beta, just install the Speech Server bits which are available here - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=BB183640-4B8F-4828-80C9-E83C3B2E7A2C&displaylang=en

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 5:43 AM
  •  

The beta had a setup program that gave you a mechanism to select what you wanted to install, listed the prerequisits, etc.  The OCS package does not.  There are seven .MSI files:

CommunicatorPoliciesDocumentation.msi 
      OCSDK.msi
      OCSResKit.msi
      OCSSDK.msi
      UCDocumentation.msi
      UcmaSdk.msi

WebScheduler.msi

Notice none of these appear to be a central setup of any kind.  There are no instructions that I can find on which .MSI to run to get to Speech Server components.  The Speech Server Release Notes says to install the documentation first to find out how to install enterprise components, but the only documentation appears to be CommunicatorPoliciesDocumentation.msi and UCDocumentation.msi.  It is possible that Speech Server development tools are in either OCSDK.msi or OCSSDK.msi but what about installing Speech Server only on the server.

Does anyone have any ideas about my second question?

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 1:11 PM
    • Go to the link in my previous post.
    • Download SpeechServer.exe
    • Download English (United States) LP.exe for the United States English Language pack
    • Run the executables downloaded in the previous steps to install MSS and the United States english language pack.
    Tuesday, August 21, 2007 2:55 PM
  • I used the new files and tried to put them on my development workstation.  Even though it does not seem to be possible to remove the beta language pack and the RTM language pack will not install, everything seems to be working.

I will try uggrading the servers next week.

Thursday, August 23, 2007 9:38 PM
  • See my post in response to Marshall Harrison for info on how to remove the errant Beta language pack.

Thursday, August 30, 2007 8:09 PM