Windows Defender and Firewall RRS feed

• Question

• I was nailed yesterday by some type of virus, program, or whatever, where my computer went into a slow motion state.  I had OneCare on also.  I did notice that an email came back to me statu\ing that it couldn't find the address I was sending to, and that bmy ISP had found a virus.  No big deal I deleted the email completely, but the systems still would not function properly - AT ALL.  At any rate I noticed the Windows Defender and Firewall in the Control Panel were turned off, and at first I thought it was the virus doing it.  All my updates were current also.  SO I had to reload, from scratch.  But still Windows Defender and Windows Firewall keep turning themselves off after reboot. WHAT GIVES HERE.  I find several references to the situation online, but cannot find a simple statement from OneCare re: the issue.  Can anyone assist me please.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 7:44 PM

Answers

• Hello Rich, One Care disables the Windows firewall and Windows Defender by design. One Care includes a firewall and antispyware protection.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 8:20 PM