NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I recently Installed Win Home Server on a HP Pavillian A6500F Desktop. The ethernet controller driver on the HP website doesn't work (of course) because it is for the Vista OS platform, I checked Nvidia for the NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller but there was nothing for Win 2003 Server! To compound the issue, I found suggestions to install the WIN 2K/XP driver, and still no joy. N E Suggstions people? Also, please forgive me, major NOOBIE here.
    Monday, November 17, 2008 9:43 PM

Answers

• Sometimes, before beating a dead horse a long time, it may make sense to buy a cheap Gigabit network adapter with appropriate drivers.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    • Marked as answer by Kaleonahe Tuesday, November 18, 2008 4:51 PM
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 9:43 AM
  • If you search the forums, you'll find that others have had problems with nVidia network drivers on their servers. The easiest solution is, as Olaf suggests, to buy a PCI network adapter with Windows Server 2003 drivers. You can get them for as little as $10-$15 USD.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 12:09 PM
  • Thank you Olaf and Ken, I was hoping to avoid having to invest anymore money into this as I already have but sometimes it's just un-avoidable. I bought a PCI card and it works great now. Thanks people.
    • Marked as answer by Kaleonahe Friday, November 21, 2008 12:34 AM
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 4:53 PM

All replies

• Sometimes, before beating a dead horse a long time, it may make sense to buy a cheap Gigabit network adapter with appropriate drivers.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 9:43 AM
  • If you search the forums, you'll find that others have had problems with nVidia network drivers on their servers. The easiest solution is, as Olaf suggests, to buy a PCI network adapter with Windows Server 2003 drivers. You can get them for as little as $10-$15 USD.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 12:09 PM
  • Thank you Olaf and Ken, I was hoping to avoid having to invest anymore money into this as I already have but sometimes it's just un-avoidable. I bought a PCI card and it works great now. Thanks people.
    • Marked as answer by Kaleonahe Friday, November 21, 2008 12:34 AM
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 4:53 PM