Problems with Windows 10 (July 29th) Anniversary Edition update and the WHS 2011 Connector RRS feed

• Question

• Similar to others who have posted here regarding this problem, mine is similar but a little different.  I am running Windows 10 on a Dell Optiplex 990, which was upgraded from Windows 7 Pro.  On August 5th I installed the Anniversary Edition upgrade to Windows 10 (10.0.14393.0).  I got a clean install of the connector software by getting ComputerConnector.exe from http://[servername]/connect.  That worked fine, it installed, connected; let me log in to Dashboard, Launchpad was green and I could get alerts from the server, backup worked, etc. But, here is the problem: after the first reboot of the Windows 10 box, the Launchpad couldn't seem to find or connect to the server.  I could run Dashboard just fine, but the Windows 10 PC was grayed out on the list, so therefore no can do backups.   It would ask if I wanted to connect to the server in the "offline mode", whatever that is, but saying yes or no made no difference, nothing happened, the Launchpad Icon would remain gray, so no backups.  I could however browse to the server folders just fine.  I could uninstall the connector, reboot, reinstall, all is well, first reboot, no dice.  Not looking forward to having that in my future, but then...

I saw another post and it was suggested to turn off IPv6 on the client computer.  I remembered times in the past when IPv6 would cause problems with the connector.  So I tried turning it off and so far - success!  My first test backup did complete, and so, I think maybe everything is working.  Hope this helps someone else having weird issues.  But hey, its Windows, there are always weird issues.

As always, perplexed by Windows

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 5:26 AM

Answers

• Hi,

>here is the problem: after the first reboot of the Windows 10 box, the Launchpad couldn't seem to find or connect to the server.

>I could run Dashboard just fine, but the Windows 10 PC was grayed out on the list, so therefore no can do backups.  

And turn off IPv6 resolves above problem.

Thank you for your detail explanation, it might be helpful for other people who has the similar problem. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Ben2ku Wednesday, August 10, 2016 12:07 PM
    Wednesday, August 10, 2016 8:01 AM