CRM2011 - Are there any issues with creating workflow processes to run against organization owned custom entities? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks

I have just created a few new custom entities that I have created as Organization owned.

While checking a couple of points I have just come across a blog relating to CRM 4 that says workflows cannot be created against Organization owned custom entities.

I have just created a simple process to update a field on creation of a new record and it has worked fine.

Does anyone know if I am likely to encounter any issues further down the line?

Thanks

David
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 11:15 AM

Answers

• Hello David,

I did a lot of workflows/custom workflow activities against custom entities and I haven't faced with any issues. Can you please share with the link you looked at?

Microsoft CRM Freelancer

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 11:29 AM
  • Workflow was designed to work with all the entities which you can chose in the workflow designer, some entities are not there, but they are not filtered out based on ownership type. There should be no problem with org-owned entities in workflows except that you cannot use the "assign" step...

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 2, 2011 12:14 PM

All replies