Remove Function RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a SSRS report and from that I would like to be able to remove members based on a set of criteria (similar to the feature in Manage Members) - can this be done or can I run my report through Marketing Lists ?

CRM 4.0

Thursday, January 26, 2012 12:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Jeremy

I have created a relationship which allows us to look further down the product which works. Thanks for pointing me in teh right direction

• Marked as answer by BossIT Monday, January 30, 2012 12:06 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by BossIT Monday, January 30, 2012 12:07 PM
    • Edited by BossIT Monday, January 30, 2012 12:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by BossIT Monday, January 30, 2012 12:08 PM
    Monday, January 30, 2012 11:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can set the criteria or filter in ribbon level. Based on the marketing list member.

Thanks & Regards, MS CRM Consultant, V.Surya.
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 1:52 PM
  • WHat I need to do is

a) Generate a list of people who bought product X in year y (Done)

b) Remove the people from that list that also purchased product X prior to year Y -  (how do I do that with a filter ?)

Friday, January 27, 2012 1:44 PM
  • You said you created an SSRS report for this. Is it CRM online or OnPremise? For OnPremise you could create sql query similar to

select * from contact where 

ordered in year y and 

contatctid not in (select contactid from contact where ordered in x year before year y)

This might not be possible through fetch queries though.. FetcbXml gurus correct me if wrong.

HTH

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Sam - Inogic Saturday, January 28, 2012 2:18 AM
    Saturday, January 28, 2012 2:18 AM
  • If you're trying to manage a marketing list, then we can definitely just take SSRS out of he picture.  You can do what exactly what you're looking for form within the marketing list itself.  For the instructions below I'm assuming you are looking for Contacts and you track Products via the Order

Step 1:  Build Your Starting List

1. Create a new marketing list based on the record type you are trying to find (I'm going to assume contacts)

2. Click Manage Members, and choose "Add Members using Advanced Find"

3. Setup your creteria so logically it reads like this:   "Find Contacts Where Related Order Contains Product X AND Submit Date (this year, last year between dates etc)

4. Click Find and then add all members to your marketing list

Step 2:  Remove Members

1. Click Manage Members Again

2. Choose Remove Members Using Advanced Find

3. Build just about the same query as we did in Step 1, just change your date filter to be on or before "some date"

4. Click Find and then Choose Remove All Members

Now the members on your marketing list should represent exactly what you were looking for.   You can also now use this marketing list to generate a SSRS report based off members in that list, in case you want to report Sales etc for that group.

Jeremy

Saturday, January 28, 2012 4:38 PM
  • Hi Jeremy

I have created a relationship which allows us to look further down the product which works. Thanks for pointing me in teh right direction

• Marked as answer by BossIT Monday, January 30, 2012 12:06 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by BossIT Monday, January 30, 2012 12:07 PM
    • Edited by BossIT Monday, January 30, 2012 12:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by BossIT Monday, January 30, 2012 12:08 PM
    Monday, January 30, 2012 11:27 AM
  • The lookup will definitely make it a little easier than just a text field.  You could do the same with a text field, but I"m glad you made the decision to go with a lookup.

Jeremy

Monday, January 30, 2012 2:01 PM