none
Money Reports RRS feed

• Question

• I just had to reinstall windows on my laptop. I had my data backed up, but not program files, and I was unaware of support being ended for MS Money. After some issues, I was able to recover my MS Money data files into the limited version (v 14.0.6.1105). However, this version gives no access to the reports feature and I keep getting a message that files are being downloaded, but nothing happens. What I'm wondering is will the Sunset version accept my data file and will it give me access to the reporting features again?
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 3:49 AM

All replies

• After some issues, I was able to recover my MS Money data files into the limited version (v 14.0.6.1105). However, this version gives no access to the reports feature and I keep getting a message that files are being downloaded, but nothing happens. What I'm wondering is will the Sunset version accept my data file and will it give me access to the reporting features again?

M05 with the updates (you have the updates, right? Help|About says .1105, right?) should have no limitations on reporting. I'm not sure what/why it would be trying to download anything.

The US Sunset edition will accept a Money US file. I don't recall what 14.0.6 is but don't think it's full Money 2005 for US. Is it the Money2005 demo? If so, somehow you need to get to the real released M05 updated for your locale.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011 12:02 PM
  • After some issues, I was able to recover my MS Money data files into the limited version (v 14.0.6.1105). However, this version gives no access to the reports feature and I keep getting a message that files are being downloaded, but nothing happens. What I'm wondering is will the Sunset version accept my data file and will it give me access to the reporting features again?

M05 with the updates (you have the updates, right? Help|About says .1105, right?) should have no limitations on reporting. I'm not sure what/why it would be trying to download anything.

The US Sunset edition will accept a Money US file. I don't recall what 14.0.6 is but don't think it's full Money 2005 for US. Is it the Money2005 demo? If so, somehow you need to get to the real released M05 updated for your locale.

I downloaded the limited features version of Money 2005 (through http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913108) as I was having an issue getting my file to open. The version # I listed in the original post is the one I get from that. The limited features version is why I get the message about attempting to download files and why the reporting features do not work. Based on this, would the sunset version give me the full access to reports and would it work with my file?
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 3:56 PM
  • IF your file is US localized, then, yes, I would expect the Sunset version to work with your file and provide all the functionality it is capable of.
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 3:11 AM