Reporting Server Issues RRS feed

Answers

• The Report Manager runs on the CRM Report server.  It is the directory that stores the CRM reports.  You can open the Report Manager by going to http://crmReportServer/Reports.  See these steps in the article for more information:

1. Open Reports Manager.
    2. Select the CRM Organization.
    3. Click Show Details.
    4. Click the v4 folder.
    5. Click the CRM Data Source.

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 10:05 PM
  • The login box indicates a security issue.  Something is not set correctly for your Report Manager which I suspect is at the root of your issue.  You'll need to sort out your security issues associated with the Report server.

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010 4:10 PM

All replies

• The Report Manager runs on the CRM Report server.  It is the directory that stores the CRM reports.  You can open the Report Manager by going to http://crmReportServer/Reports.  See these steps in the article for more information:

1. Open Reports Manager.
    2. Select the CRM Organization.
    3. Click Show Details.
    4. Click the v4 folder.
    5. Click the CRM Data Source.

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 10:05 PM
  • I go to that locationa and I keep getting a login box. I enter my credentials (I own the SQL databases and am a CRM sysadmin with that acconut) and it seems to reject it. I never get an error message, but I get a blank page. If I refresh, we go through the whole thing again.

Gregory N. Brooks Secure Data Inc. gregory.brooks@securedatainc.com
    Thursday, June 3, 2010 3:42 PM
  • The login box indicates a security issue.  Something is not set correctly for your Report Manager which I suspect is at the root of your issue.  You'll need to sort out your security issues associated with the Report server.

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010 4:10 PM
  • I downloaded the IIS 6.0 resource kit and installed it. I am looking at troubleshooting the problem.

However, I looked at the virtual directories and do not see one for "Reports". Shouldn't there be one for "Reports" by default?

I hated working with IIS in its previous incarnation. Version 6.0 is much worse.

I started out using WFetch to see how IIS is responding to the URL.

Thursday, June 3, 2010 4:29 PM
  • WFetch does not have a Windows Authentication option so I am not sure I am getting an accurate pricture since the IIS settings are for Windows Authentication.

Is there a better tool to troubleshoot this problem with? I'v eused WFetch many times in the past with success. I will look through the other tools in the resource kit.

Greg

Thursday, June 3, 2010 4:58 PM
  • I can now get the SQL Server Reporting Services screen. One data source is listed - SDI_MSCRM - which is the CRM production database, but I get the following message when I click on it:

"There are no items in SDI_MSCRM. Click Help for more information about this page."

I think I am making progress (??). I at least seem to be past the initial authentication issue.

I reset the service account to a network account.

This may be complicated by the fact that there is a MSSQLSERVER instance of SSRS and a CRM instance of SSRS. I'm not sure how the original installers managed to do that, but it undoubtedly complicates the situation.

Thursday, June 3, 2010 5:23 PM
  • Now I can get to reports through SSRS (web interface) but I get the following error when I try to run one:

• An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
      • Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRM'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
        • Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).

• I seem to have a problem getting to my data source, but do not understand why.

• Gregory N. Brooks Secure Data Inc. gregory.brooks@securedatainc.com
Thursday, June 3, 2010 6:43 PM
  • Not sure I know what we are trying to solve at this point.  I think the initial question was 'What is the Report Manager' and I answered that one.

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010 7:08 PM
  • I am still trying to get reporting for CRM working again. The installation of SQL Server Reporting Services for CRM broke it. I've been working both sides - SSRS and CRM - to try and diagonse the problem. So if it seems like I'm jumping from one to another - I am.

I probably should rethink this and start a new thread for specific inquiries. I've asked a couple of other SDI consultants to give me a hand. I've been stuck on this for days.

Thursday, June 3, 2010 7:12 PM
  • " The installation of SQL Server Reporting Services for CRM broke it"

I don't understand what you mean by the above.  Do you mean install the SRSS Connector?  What steps did you take before Reports broke.

I have some time this evening if you need a hand.  I can setup a remote session and have a look around.  If there is anything that needs changing, I'll direct you and won't make changes myself.

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010 7:16 PM
  • I installed the SSRS connector and the updates (up to rollup 10). Reports stopped working after that.

I just uninstalled the connector (but not rebooted yet) and the reports are still not working. I plan to reboot at 5 PM and try a report again.

Thursday, June 3, 2010 9:40 PM
  • If CRM and SQL are on different servers, reboot both if you are able.  If the reports are still not working from CRM, look at the CRM server Application Log in the event viewer and see what error you have.  You can also run a repair on the SRSS Connector.

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010 9:57 PM
  • I uninstalled SSRS connector for CRM, Repaired SQL install and the CRM install. I applied the updates again. SSRS is working and reporting is working from within CRM.

Tonight I plan to install the SSRS connector for CRM again and see if it works or breaks reporting again.

Progress! (finally)

Friday, June 4, 2010 3:09 PM
  • SSRS connector for CRM is installed. My reporting is working and I can now schedule reports. It all appears to be working now.

Thanks for the comments.

Uninstall, reinstalls, reconfigure, and install and update finally fixed it. Whewwwww!

Saturday, June 5, 2010 12:10 AM
  • Glad it is working, you're welcome.

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

Sunday, June 6, 2010 3:26 AM