Direct Email not working RRS feed

• Question

• Direct email function has stopped working.  if you select a few leads, click direct email, choose a template and click Send, nothing happens - no emails are sent and no record of the email is in the history of that lead.  we have not installed any recent updates.  this is happening for several users, not just one.  i've restarted the email router and asynch services.  anyone seen this behavior before?  thanks!
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 2:01 PM

Answers

• Our solution was that we had 'Bulk Email' system jobs that were blocking all successive Bulk Email jobs. Identified and cancelled all in Waiting status. Direct Email works fine now.
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 6:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Simple question - do those leads have proper email addresses? Are the email activities created (look also in the Activities, not only History)? The fact that email router is working does mean much - the users still can be set up to send emails via their Outlook clients. have you ckecked it yet?

Kind regards,
    Kuba
    -- Kuba Skałbania, Netwise
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 2:05 PM
  • if you send an email to one of those leads from the leads form (not the list view) using Send E-mail, does that work? I am curious if this is Template related.
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 2:11 PM
  • yes, the leads have proper addresses.  right now, i'm testing with two leads that go to my gmail and hotmail account.  nothing is being created in the activities screen.

yes, i can send an email via the mail merge function and by opening one lead at a time and using the Send Email function.  it does seem to be template related - i saw another post similar to this but with no solution.  any ideas??

thanks!
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 2:18 PM
  • i created a brand new email template, tried to use it through direct mail with no luck.  Then i created a new email activity and inserted the new template and it sent fine. 
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 2:29 PM
  • Do you have rights to send Direct Mail?  check the event viewer on the CRM server for errors.
    Best Regards | Twitter: edwardsdna
    Sunday, March 21, 2010 4:12 PM
  • Did this ever get resolved?
    Friday, August 6, 2010 4:45 PM
  • Our solution was that we had 'Bulk Email' system jobs that were blocking all successive Bulk Email jobs. Identified and cancelled all in Waiting status. Direct Email works fine now.
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 6:51 PM
  • Hi Marcus, this query often helps me find the bad Job. In my case the one with a PostponeUntil entry is holding up the rest.

/**

--Statecode

0 ready
    1 suspend
    2 locked
    3 completed

--StatusCode

Canceled 32
    Canceling 22
    Failed 31
    InProgress 20
    Pausing 21
    Succeeded 30
    Waiting 10
    WaitingForResources 0

**/

SELECT
    [OperationType]
    ,[PostponeUntil]
    ,[Name]
    ,[StatusCode]
    ,[Message]
    ,[StartedOn]
    ,[HostId]
    ,[StateCode]
    ,[CompletedOn]
    ,[RetryCount]
    ,[CreatedOn]

FROM [AsyncOperationBase]
    where StatusCode !=31
    and StatusCode !=30
    and StatusCode !=32
    and OperationType = 2
    order by Createdon

SJ
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 1:38 AM
  • My e-mail has not worked since 12/20   keeps  ... What happened.  all of a sudden I can't get my e-mail
    Monday, December 28, 2015 3:01 PM