Direct Call will go to Voice Mail, Transfered Call will Not go to Voice Mail RRS feed

• Question

• I don't understand why if a call is dialed directly to an extension it will go to voicmail after the configured timeout, however, if the Attendant takes a call and transfers it to an extension, it will not ever go to voicmail.

OCS 2007 Enterprise R2 - everything seems to work but this.  Maybe I'm missing something?

It does let you specifically transfer a call to someone's voicemail, but if they don't answer a regular transfer, instead of going to voicemail, it tries to get the transerring person to retake the call, stating the transfer did not go through.

Seems like this should be something that should be configurable.
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 4:34 PM

All replies

• When someone transfers a call, it should still go to voicemail after the configured timeout.  Instead, if there is no answer, the person has to retrieve the transfer and explicitly transfer the call to voicmail.

This seems like it should not have to work this way.  I know when I cover the operator and transfer a call, I don't want to have to worry if it is unanswered.  That's what we have voicemail for.

Surely somebody knows if this is intended behavior???

-Barry
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 12:43 PM