Unable to reassign records RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi Guys/Gals

I have a problem regarding reassigning records to new owners.

I am able to reassign records to new owners in our Dev/UAT environments, but our Prodcution environment occassionaly has the following error

"A record with these values already exists.Aduplicate record cannot be created. Select one or more unique values and try again".

This means we cannot reassign parent Account records, but child account records are OK. It appears CRM has conflicting GUIDs for the records to be reassigned.

We were inflicted with this issue for about a week (a month ago) and then it suddenly disappeared (no known reason why it suddenly began working again), and then all of a sudden it's happening again.

Any ideas?

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 6:03 AM

Answers

• Thanks.

I have found Knowledge base article KB946284 which offers three solutions for this error.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 11:17 PM

All replies

• I am just wondering, does the error message "A record with these values already exists.A duplicate record cannot be created. Select one or more unique values and try again" actually referring to the re-assignment or it potentially be an error for some other proccesses (E.g. Pre-assign callouts/plugins).

If it's not and it's actually referring to the re-assignment of a record, the only thing that I can thing of is the permission (not MS CRM permission) settings of your production SQL and your box.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 1:32 PM
  • Thanks.

I have found Knowledge base article KB946284 which offers three solutions for this error.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 11:17 PM