none
Broadcasting message from web api to UWP app RRS feed

• Question

• The server will be a web API <g class="gr_ gr_48 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style multiReplace" data-gr-id="48" id="48">in .</g>Net and client is UWP app.There are some messages stored in the database along with the expiry time and deviceId.Each message should be broadcasted to the device on the expiration of time.How can we keep a persistent connection from web API to UWP and how can we broadcast the message to a particular device.Thanks in advance for all suggestion!
    • Edited by Kesiya Thursday, February 1, 2018 12:01 PM
    • Moved by Fei Hu Monday, February 5, 2018 10:24 AM Related to ASP.NET
    Thursday, February 1, 2018 12:01 PM

All replies

• https://elanderson.net/2018/01/broadcast-from-an-asp-net-web-api-to-a-uwp-client-using-signalr-2/

Both technologies can be discussed in two forums of WebAPI and SingnalR at ASP.NET forums.

http://forums.asp.net/

Thursday, February 1, 2018 12:20 PM
  • I already tried this link.But it is not working for me.There are some errors 

public static Broadcaster Instance => _instance.Value;

Could you please help me to find out the purpose of this statement.

Thursday, February 1, 2018 12:42 PM
  • I already tried this link.But it is not working for me.There are some errors 

public static Broadcaster Instance => _instance.Value;

Could you please help me to find out the purpose of this statement.

I don't know. I have not worked with SignalR that much, and you'll have to post about it in the ASP.NET Forums SignalR forum.
    Thursday, February 1, 2018 1:00 PM
  • Hi DA924x,

Your question is more related to Asp.net, you could repost a new thread to Asp.net forum for suitable support.

If you have some grammar or code errors in using C#, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution.

Best Regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 5, 2018 10:23 AM