correct exam answers after finishing exam RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to understand which questions I got wrong after I have passed the exam? I've passed MS exams many times, but I am never sure which questions I got right. Am I missing a button there that allows me to see the correct answers?
    Tuesday, August 7, 2012 3:11 PM

Answers

• This won't happen because it would make copying the exams very easy. If you get questions wrong and MS never tells the exact ones you got wrong - it makes copying the exam that much more difficult.

If you could easily see what questions you got wrong you could just tell that to whomever and it would be that much easier to pass (and cheat). This is why you get the grading scale with each exam objective broken out to show what you did poorly and what you did well on.

Otherwise, if they said you got X out of X right and showed you what you got wrong people would be able to cheat.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 5:31 PM

All replies

• No, Bogdan. There is no way to see your right or wrong answers now, nor will there ever be. Not on a Microsoft exam!

And BTW, after you've passed an exam, what does it matter to you which questions were right or wrong? That exam is forever behind you now, so you just move on to the next one and start studying all over again.

Good luck on your certification journey.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 3:45 PM
  • Is there a way to understand which questions I got wrong after I have passed the exam?

Yes - immediately after the exam do your own written analysis of the exam whilst it is still fresh in your memory.

Try to do this within 24 hours of the exam.

Note down each and every item that you think you got wrong in a WORD document in bullet point form.

Once you have done this go through each and every bullet point one by one over the coming month or two and set up your own written question and answer for each and every point.

Make these questions and answers the basis for your ongoing revision.

You can work out the answers for the areas that you think you got wrong by critically examining Microsoft documentation.

Building up your own bank of questions and answers is one way you can pass exams.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 4:06 PM
  • Hi Trip_to_Tokyo. I can understand going through this process as part of your revision if you had failed the exam and were preparing to retake it. However, having already passed an exam, what practical purpose does this process serve?
    Tuesday, August 7, 2012 4:36 PM
  • This won't happen because it would make copying the exams very easy. If you get questions wrong and MS never tells the exact ones you got wrong - it makes copying the exam that much more difficult.

If you could easily see what questions you got wrong you could just tell that to whomever and it would be that much easier to pass (and cheat). This is why you get the grading scale with each exam objective broken out to show what you did poorly and what you did well on.

Otherwise, if they said you got X out of X right and showed you what you got wrong people would be able to cheat.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 5:31 PM
  • And BTW, after you've passed an exam, what does it matter to you which questions were right or wrong? That exam is forever behind you now, so you just move on to the next one and start studying all over again.

Not if I've failed it.
    Tuesday, August 7, 2012 10:12 PM
  • This won't happen because it would make copying the exams very easy.

This makes sense, indeed.
    Tuesday, August 7, 2012 10:14 PM