HomeServerControls documentation RRS feed

• General discussion

• Getting sick of the lack of intellisense documentation with and explanations of some of the public classes and methods exposed by HomeServerControls I decided to do a bit of experimenting and figure out some of what they do, document it and make what I've learned (so far) available in an xml form and compiled help file.

What's included documentation of is most of:

• Microsoft.HomeServer.Controls.ClientCommunicator
    • Microsoft.HomeServer.Controls.ConsoleServices
    • Microsoft.HomeServer.Controls.ConsoleSubForm
    • Microsoft.HomeServer.Controls.ITabExtender
    • Microsoft.HomeServer.Controls.QMessageBox

XML file:

In order to use the documentation in an intellisense form, simply download xml file, place it next to the copy of HomeServerControls.dll that you are referencing, delete your existing reference and then re-create the reference.

(Download)

Compiled Help File:

(Download)

Having not been able to get my hands on the RTM media and/or bits yet... I don't know if this has been corrected yet or if it will be in future, in the mean time, enjoy and if you see any mistakes or know more about something here than I do or want to help add some documentation to the mix, lemme know.

If you have anything you wish to contribute, I ask that you be clean about it and NOT employ the Reflector or any other outright decompilation. Everything you see here has been gleamed through black box testing of the methods and classes in question and would like to keep them pure and unrelated to any outright reverse engineering.

A couple of other details can be found on this blog post.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 5:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Brendan,

The CHM file isn't working for me, I get an IE error saying "Action Cancelled, the page might be temporarily unavailable".

Alex

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 3:49 PM
  • Are you getting a ‘Open File – Security Warning’ when launching the chm file, one informing you that the file came from the internet? Uncheck the ‘Always ask before opening this file’ box and then you should be able to open it just fine.

If you are trying to open it straight from the web you'll need to download it first and then uncheck the previously mentioned flag.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 4:04 PM
  • Ah, yes, unchecking the box worked. Thanks!

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 5:48 PM