Distribution List Expansion Fails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I've seen a few other topics about Distribution Lists not working but this problem seems to be in a slightly different vein.

I'm unable to expand distribution groups within Office Communicator 2007, it gives the message "Cannot perform this action, and the cause is unknown."

The web component validation completes and shows no problems. I've tried setting and resetting the permissions to the folders mentioned in other threads.

When testing the services using the GroupExpansion/Int/service.asmx?op=ExpandDistributionList page on the server it gives an interesting error:
    Code Snippet

System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
    error CS2001: Source file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\jjt_hr1f.0.cs' could not be found
    error CS2008: No inputs specified

at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters xmlParameters, Evidence evidence)
    at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies)
    at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, String location, Evidence evidence)
    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.FromMappings(XmlMapping[] mappings, Evidence evidence)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.XmlReturn.GetInitializers(LogicalMethodInfo[] methodInfos)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.XmlReturnWriter.GetInitializers(LogicalMethodInfo[] methodInfos)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.MimeFormatter.GetInitializers(Type type, LogicalMethodInfo[] methodInfos)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpServerType..ctor(Type type)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpServerProtocol.Initialize()
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, Boolean& abortProcessing)

Anybody know what's going on here and how I can fix this?

Cheers,
    Michael.

Monday, February 4, 2008 4:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Folks,

This issue was partially resolved by granting read/write permissions on the c:\windows\temp folder to the RTC Compnent Local Group user.

However, it's still not working correctly. I'm getting an Error 500 on the expansion test page, here's the IIS log line:
    2008-02-25 03:24:08 W3SVC1 xx.xx.xx.xx POST /GroupExpansion/int/Service.asmx/ExpandDistributionList - 443 - xx.xx.xx.xx Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.2;+SV1;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322;+.NET+CLR+2.0.50727;+.NET+CLR+3.0.04506.30) 500 0 0

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Michael.
    Monday, February 25, 2008 3:29 AM
  • I've exactly the same problem, error 500, did you find a solution?

Regards

Sylvain

Friday, April 11, 2008 7:44 AM
  • anyone find a solution...im encountering the same thing

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 2:11 PM
  • Same issue here as well.  New contacts are generated fine (immediately after doing an abserver -syncnow and erasing the galcontacts.  When browsing to the expanddistributionlist web service, if I enter an invalid email I get an expected XML response saying none found, if I put in a valid DL I get a server error 500.  I checked permissions, reactivated webcomponents/services accounts are not locked and no errors.

Any help is appreciated!

Sunday, September 28, 2008 5:40 PM
  •  

Don't ask me how, but I went to windows update, restarted the server and now group expension works...  It must have been one of the .net service packs.  Of course now my external users are not getting the galcontacts.db which is for another thread : )
    Monday, September 29, 2008 1:06 PM
  • A good practice to follow is to download and install the OCS 2007 BPA.  This tool will identify any updates that are missing in your OCS Infrastructure along with explanations and links to the downloads. 

You can find it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=1B90993C-072A-4C84-B385-B76D23B2F27C&displaylang=en

Rob
    Friday, October 3, 2008 1:09 AM