Cancelled job still shows as running RRS feed

• Question

• Running HPC Pack 2012 R2 Update 3.

I cancel a job but it still shows state as running in the Job Manager and Error Message says 'Cancelled by user'. It's not using any resources(no nodes, no licenses) so other/new jobs can run fine. It just won't update as cancelled. If I reboot the head node however the job state updates properly

I read somewhere this has been fixed in HPC Pack 2016, but I are not looking at upgrading anytime soon.

Does any one know how to fix this in HPC Pack 2012?

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 4:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is this issue always repro for you? If it is easy to repro, could you make a repro and share the scheduler logs with us through hpcpack@microsoft.com? (logs are located %CCP_HOME%LogFiles\Scheduler\HPCScheduler_*.bin, and we shall only need the one with second biggest number).

Qiufang Shi

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 1:02 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your response. I've just sent the log over.

Thursday, March 2, 2017 4:14 PM
  • Was there a solution to this problem?   We seem to have hit the same problem this morning.   Jobs are stuck in the Running state even when they have completed running.   And if the admins or the user tries to Cancel the job, it either remains in the Running state or it moves to the Canceling state but is never canceled.   

-Roger

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 2:48 PM
  • Hi Roger,

What version of HPC Pack cluster are you using? We shall fix similar issues in latest HPC Pack. And this usually a transcation to the SQL has failed to execute, a service restart shall help recover this issue a little bit -- but you'd better check your SQL Server performance.

Qiufang Shi

Monday, June 19, 2017 3:29 AM