Vidaone MyPersonalDiet & Activesync RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using Vidaone MyPersonalDiet & Activesync for a long time. I recently got a new computer with Windows  7 and device manager and now the Vidaone MyPersonalDiet software doesn't evn show up as an option on the sync list. Vidaone has talked me through everything they know to do with no success. It looks like the new upgrades just don't recognize the software like they used to. Has anyone got an answer of similaer issue. I need a resolution ASAP. If I have posted this in the wrong forum please let me know?
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Wednesday, April 20, 2011 9:45 PM Forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Technical Discussion [ReadOnly])
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 4:51 PM

Answers

• I'm afraid that this will be the wrong forum.

Windows 7 is now indeed using Windows Sync Framework to sync with devices (AFAIK). So it has made the 'ActiveSync' software obsolete.

In your case, I would attempt to install ActiveSync first and try to connect to your device again. I did hear of other people having troubles installing/using software on Win7 that used to work on Vista/XP and most of the time the solution is to install the software (in your case, ActiveSync and Vidaone MyPersonalDiet) using Windows 7 XP Mode. Note: You must have Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate to run Windows XP Mode.
    Friday, December 18, 2009 12:33 PM