none
[HTML]WinJS.UI.Toggle labelOn\labelOff aria label RRS feed

• Question

• I am using winjs toggleswitch control and need the windows narrator to announce the labelOn and labelOff text when toggle is switched:

For e.g.:

"On GPS toggleswitch" --> when toggle is changed to On

"Off GPS toggleswitch" --> when toggle is changed to Off

However, only 'Checked' and 'Unchecked' in announced with below code. Please suggest.

<div data-win-control="WinJS.UI.ToggleSwitch" data-win-options="{title: 'GPS', labelOn: 'On', labelOff: 'Off'}">
    </div>

Browser: Win10 EDGE

Screen reader: Windows Narrator

Rahul Saxena

• Edited by Saxena Rahul 1987 Friday, November 17, 2017 10:24 PM
    • Edited by Breeze Liu Tuesday, November 21, 2017 8:54 AM add[HTML]
    • Moved by Breeze Liu Wednesday, December 6, 2017 6:18 AM off topic
    Friday, November 17, 2017 10:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Saxena Rahul 1987,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum! Please utilize tagging when posting to this forum, thanks!

I can see this issue in JS uwp project, the Narrator can not announce the labelOn and labelOff text, but in C#, it works well, I am consulting this issue now, appreciate your patience in advance for the time delay. 

Best regards,

Breeze

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 8:53 AM
  • Hi Saxena Rahul 1987,

The WinJS is open source and you could Customize it and update ToggleSwitch.js’s checked function to update the area-label attribute. Since you are targeting Edge not UWP, I will off topic it. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Breeze

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 6, 2017 6:17 AM