One Care Backups or lack of.. RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have had one care for close to a year and I cannot do backups.  There are two reasons I cannot do backups and both of them are the fault of Microsoft.

1.  One Care will not allow me to back up to a second hard drive on my computer...the reason, I am told, is because there is a danger of both hard drives failing at the same time.  Hog wash - let me worry about that...please stop micro managing how I do my backups.

2. One Care will not back up to a Wirless Network external hard drive.  Come on One Care, move into the 21st century.  Many many homes and enterprizes use wireless networks.

The funny thing is, the Windows accessories can back up to both these areas.  Kind of strange the accessory software can do what the big program can't.  I would say One Care is missing a Very Basic set of capabilities.

Don't fear, I will continue to use One Care but I am a disapointed customer.

Thanks,

John

Friday, December 21, 2007 10:26 PM

All replies

• You should be able to do both of what you want if you are using version 2.0. Use the workaround nicely outlined in this post by Greg, http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2582583&SiteID=2, to create a network Share on the device or internal drive, set your PC to be a Hub (must be using v2.0 for this, so if you are still on 1.6, ignore all of this until you are upgraded!) and then configure the Centralized backup to use the network Share for a backup destination.

-steve

Saturday, December 22, 2007 3:37 AM