Issue with the SharedView Windows (Screen) RRS feed

• Question

• When someone connects to my sharedview session and i'm sharing a screen, they get a very screwed up image. Is there a fix for this? This only occur in Windows Xp, Not Windows Vista.
    Wednesday, April 23, 2008 7:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

First, thanks for the feedback. To clarify, are you on Vista and this only occurs when the other person is on XP?

thanks

Cameron

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 10:12 PM
  •  

I am having the same issue between laptops running XP. I can share something with this other laptop, but when they share somehting with me, I can only see their mouse clearly, everything else is a mess.
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 10:38 PM
  • I too am having the same problem, I have Windows XP 2002 SP2 and so does the guy in the UK I was sharing with. Screen is a total scramble of colors. ShareView supports XP SP2 and server 2003, right?

Thursday, May 1, 2008 3:03 PM
  • I found this... #3 fixed the problem. Hope it helps.

What color depth are you running? Is it 32, 24 or 16 bit?

Would it be possible to do a few additional tests?

Check 1.

Could you please run dxdiag?

Start -> Run -> Type 'dxdiag' -> Press ENTER

Allow DXDIAg to check WHQL signatures.

After it finishes checking WHQL click "Save All information" and upload the dxdiag.txt to the forum.

Check 2.

In DirectX diagnostic tool could you please switch to the 'Display' tab and click 'Test DirectDraw'. Follow the test instructions.

Does your system passes all direct draw tests successfully?

Checks 1-2 helps us reproduce the problem in our lab.

Check 3.

On you desktop do a

Desktop right-click -> Properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> Troubleshoot.

You should be seeing Hardware acceleration slider. What is its current position?

Check 4.

Move the hardware acceleration slider to None and start/restart SharedView. Start sharing and look at the preview. Do you still see the problem?

Check 5.

Disable write combining. If it asks to reboot, do so. Start/restart SharedView. Start sharing and look at the preview. Do you still see the problem?

Check 6.

Move the hardware acceleration slider to Full. Enable write combining. If it asks to reboot, do so. Start/restart SharedView. Start sharing and look at the preview. Do you still see the problem? 

SharedView uses different algorithms for different hardware acceleration settings, checks 3-6 are designed to isolate the problem.

Thank you

Thursday, May 1, 2008 3:10 PM
  •  

I am having a similar issue. I have connected to numerous people at a company but for some reason connecting to a specific person's desktop at this company, it is always messed up. I am on XP and all of them are on XP also.So far it has only happened at this one persons desktop and at no other clients at this company or the other company's i have used it with.

I can send in a screen shot of what the garbled screen looks like if you want.

Jerry

Monday, May 19, 2008 4:41 PM
  • Did you try the above checklist?

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 8:12 PM