none
I didn't used to have to log in every time... RRS feed

• Question

• I used to be able to access support forums without logging in every time I came.  I believe I was always logged in; logins didn't expire so quickly.

In any case, under this new LiveID system it's a pain in the butt to have to enter a password every time I re-open my browser.

Any suggestions?

• Moved by Tina_Tian Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:44 AM off topic (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile and Recognition System Discussions)
    • Moved by Tina_Tian Thursday, July 14, 2011 8:58 AM profile (From:Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here))
    Sunday, June 19, 2011 11:34 PM

Answers

• When you sign in with Live ID, there should be an option to "Remember Me" and "Remember My Password". Try checking those. If that's not working, it's possible you're logging into a Live ID site that has been marked as needing higher security which will then force your login after certain time periods (could be 5 minutes, 8 hours, 24 hours) etc.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 2:11 AM

All replies

• When you sign in with Live ID, there should be an option to "Remember Me" and "Remember My Password". Try checking those. If that's not working, it's possible you're logging into a Live ID site that has been marked as needing higher security which will then force your login after certain time periods (could be 5 minutes, 8 hours, 24 hours) etc.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 2:11 AM
  • Hi, Sean.  Thanks for your reply.

The site I'm talking about is this one, and there are no "Remember..." checkboxes.

Any idea what's up with that?  Are they afraid I'll post something insecure if they don't make sure it's me?  ;-)

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 2:29 AM
  • Could this be a browser issue? It seems whether or not you're logged into Live ID is a cookie browser issue. What browser are you using? Are you having the same issue with all the other sites that use Live ID?
    Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:06 PM
    Owner
  • Whatever was wrong seemed to have resolved itself.  It's working fine now.
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 1:21 AM