none
CPU Usage RRS feed

• Question

• I'm seeing a large CPU spike every 10-12 seconds when the page appears to refresh itself. I think this refresh is too frequent and places a lot of additional load on the server (perhaps intentional at this early stage). Additionally this refresh appears to cause the edit window to scroll up to some seemingly random point, although if you keep on typing it will scroll back down. It also can cause a momentary freeze when typing in the edit window although very brief. IE 7 on XP.

Edit:
    I found the pause button, which did work around the problem (although the problem may still need to be addressed). I will also test the pause button to see if it works around the bug that causes IE to lock up after some period of time.
    • Edited by Chris P_ Friday, February 29, 2008 4:47 PM more info
    Friday, February 29, 2008 4:43 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the report, the general issue of the timer needing to be a little more state aware is something we are addressing in a future release.
    Brent Serbus STO Forums Program Manager
    Tuesday, March 25, 2008 8:58 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Thanks Chris, We'll investigate this. I think probably every 30 seconds is sufficient. We actually lowered it today to 1 minute to test against some perf issues we were having but have resolved the perf issues we were having. In theory we do a lot of server side cacheing so it shouldn't load the server too much but it's something we're keeping an eye on and will continue to tweak.

Sam Jarawan STO Forums Senior Development Lead
    Saturday, March 1, 2008 7:00 AM
  • Thanks for the report, the general issue of the timer needing to be a little more state aware is something we are addressing in a future release.
    Brent Serbus STO Forums Program Manager
    Tuesday, March 25, 2008 8:58 PM
    Answerer