Office Communicator can't auto start when reboot Server RRS feed

• Question

• After installing OCS Enterprise on a server called ocs.mydomain.com, I have 2 problem need your help!

- When I reboot Front-End Server, Office Communicator services can't auto start, when I manual start services It's run OK
    - In my company have a main office and 3 branch office link to main Office by lease line (I call it's site A,B,C). I don't know why when Server run about 6-7 days, all user in site C can't sign in to OCS, user in main Office and Site A,B sign in normally. When I reboot FE server users in Site C can sign in normally

Please help me!

Thanks and Best regards

Thursday, October 16, 2008 4:29 AM

All replies

• Is your OCS Front-End server collocated on a Domain Controller? That is not supported!

Thursday, October 16, 2008 10:27 AM
  • What errors are appearing in the event log after a reboot when the Front-End server fails to start?

Thursday, October 16, 2008 12:15 PM

• No, I don't install FE in Domain Contrller
    Friday, October 17, 2008 9:17 AM

• Thank you for your support

Sorry, I don't remember about event log, I'll give you later
    You can give me some advices about 6-7 days users in the one branch office can't  sign in to OCS 2007 during users in main office and others branch office can sign in

Friday, October 17, 2008 9:32 AM
  • Thank you for your support!

In Application of Event log have a error

"The description for Event ID ( 3 ) in Source ( Communicator ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Communicator, sipinternal.petrolimex.com.vn."

In System of Event log have a error

"The description for Event ID ( 7041 ) in Source ( Service Control Manager ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: RtcSrv, VPTCTY\RTCService, Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer. ."

and

"The Office Communications Server Front-End service failed to start due to the following error:
    The service did not start due to a logon failure. "

If I Start service immediately, the service don't run, I must put in password of RTCService again (I don't change password) and start the service, The Service is run

Thanks and Best regards

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 6:37 AM
  • Does your RTCService account have "Logon As Batch Job" and "Logon as a Service" rights

Check your local group policy setting / User Rights Assignments

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 3:42 PM

• When I install I don't assign any right for RTCService account, maybe the user don't have "Logon As Batch Job" and "Logon as a Service" rights. Thank you so much for your support
    Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:30 AM
  •  

At install time these rights are granted automatically

But you might have some domain policies overwriting the local policies!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 11:03 AM

• Thank you for your support

I've already assigned RTCService account "Logon As Batch Job" and "Logon as a Service" rights but OCS Service still can't auto start

In Application of Event log have many errors like this

"The description for Event ID ( 7 ) in Source ( Communicator ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Communicator, tms.petrolimex.com.vn, 10.0.0.21, 5061, 10061."

"The description for Event ID ( 3 ) in Source ( Communicator ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Communicator, sipexternal.petrolimex.com.vn."

or
    "Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. ). Group Policy processing aborted. "

In System of Event log have many errors like this

"
    The Office Communications Server Front-End service failed to start due to the following error:
    The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the account name specified."

In OCS of Event log have many errors like this

"The description for Event ID ( 47021 ) in Source ( OCS Translation Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 10, 8."

or warning

"The description for Event ID ( 47020 ) in Source ( OCS Translation Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: tuantn@petrolimex.com.vn."

Thanks and Best regards

Saturday, November 1, 2008 8:16 AM
  •  Gadota wrote:

In System of Event log have many errors like this

"
    The Office Communications Server Front-End service failed to start due to the following error:
    The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the account name specified."

Validate that the username format and domain for the OCS services is correct and double-check the password for the RTCService account.  Also make sure that you've allowed the password to never expire on the account.  This appears to be a standard authentication failure upon the service starting.

Saturday, November 1, 2008 2:02 PM

• I think username format and domain for the OCS services is correct (username is RTCService@domain.com or Domain\RTCService). Account have password never expire. And I can manual start service (I only press "Start" in Autoministrative Tools\Services)
    Monday, November 3, 2008 2:29 AM

• I can resolve the problem, It's not good solution but I can't find a solution better.
    I create a *.bat file with content

"timeout 150
    net start RtcSrv
    net start RtcavMcu
    net start RtcImMcu
    net start RtcDataMcu"

I place *.bat file in StartUp. Each time windows boot, it run  *.bat file to start OCS Services and OCS Services can "auto start"

Thanks and Best regards

Thursday, November 6, 2008 2:06 AM