Embed custom attribute in notescontrol RRS feed

• Question

• I have a customer that wants to add a datetime attribute to the notes section of the Case entity form. I can't find a way to embed controls in that field through the UI. The field would be read-only and look similar to the current "Edited: " field.

Any direction? Thanks in advance.
    Monday, September 8, 2008 8:39 PM

Answers

• I don't think there'll be a viable way to do this. I'd suggest to the customer that they use activities instead of notes - if you use the Follow Up part of the Form Assistant it's about as fast as creating notes, and you can use the due date

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 8:49 PM

All replies

• I don't think there'll be a viable way to do this. I'd suggest to the customer that they use activities instead of notes - if you use the Follow Up part of the Form Assistant it's about as fast as creating notes, and you can use the due date

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 8:49 PM
  •  DavidJennaway wrote:
    I don't think there'll be a viable way to do this. I'd suggest to the customer that they use activities instead of notes - if you use the Follow Up part of the Form Assistant it's about as fast as creating notes, and you can use the due date

Thanks; that's exactly what I was looking for. Goes to show you should learn how the product works before trying to code around it! Smile
    Wednesday, September 10, 2008 7:41 PM