Closing Event on Unified Service Desk RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

Is there any possibility to handle the "Closing" event of Mainwindow in Unified Service desk. I have tried to use a custom layout to catch hold of Mainwindow and from there MainWindow.Closing event, But that didnt worked. Any other solution for this please?

The actual requirement for us is, we want to ensure there were no open sessions before closing the AgentDesktop. Is there any other alternate apart from handling the Closing Event of Mainwindow ?

Thanks

Srikanth

Imposible it self is having Posible.. Dont leave it until you get it..

Thursday, December 4, 2014 8:00 PM

All replies

• Any thoughts.. any one..

Monday, December 8, 2014 10:00 AM
  • Hi ANSrikanth, hope it is not too late for helping you out

I had a scneario where I had to intercept the close event for a certain Hosted Control, I tried to achieve that by using the ActiveClosed event, but it was never triggered by checking the USD Debugger

What I saw in the debugger is that it fired the Closing event after I close the USD tab, but that event was not available in the HostedControls events for me, I have an USD material that has the following statement about Events:

"Most events are listed here.   Controls may fire events that are not listed here.  In that case, the event should just be added and tied to the control that fires the event.   "

Basically what I did was manually create the event Closing for that Hosted Control and I was able to insert my Action Calls there as I needed.. hope this helps you

-

Thursday, August 6, 2015 11:34 AM
  • Thanks for the tip Oliver.

However, I'm trying for an event that can alert me before closing the whole USD. This helps me in restricting users not to close the USD when there were active sessions.

Regards

Srikanth

Monday, August 31, 2015 5:16 PM
  • i guess the solution would be to hide the close button and provide a custom Exit action from the menu

Thursday, September 21, 2017 4:01 PM