My Windows Live ID works at acct & billing information page, but not in OneCare RRS feed

• Question

• OneCare just updated to the new version, and won't take my Windows Live ID/password. I think I have tried all the prescribed solutions for this.  I have gone to the account & billing page link from OneCare, reset my password, and OneCare still tells me "The e-mail address or password is incorrect.  Please sign in again."  The e-mail address that I'm using is the one that the account information lists as the right one.  I can't change any settings, apparently, until I can get this to work.
    Wednesday, December 5, 2007 2:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• When you say that you reset your password, is it complex? By that I mean longer than 8 characters and comprised on characters other than just letters and numbers? If yes, change it to a simple password temporarily and see if that allows you to proceed.

If not, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 5:09 PM
  • The password was 10 characters, letters and numbers only, mixed case, but changing it to an eight-character password, lower case, letters and numbers, allowed me to login.  Can I be notified when this bug has been fixed?  (Or, by 'temporarily,' did you mean I could change it back to something stronger immediately?)
    Wednesday, December 5, 2007 5:39 PM
  • I'm glad to read that this worked. I will notify the OneCare team of this, but I can't promise that I'll even know when it is fixed - assuming that it is. In the meantime, I'd change the password back to your desired level of security and only change it if it fails to log you in for some OneCare related activity such as a reinstall for activation.

-steve

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 5:46 PM