none
What certification to do after Windows Azure Certification - 70-583? Please help. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Recently (from January 2012) I started working on Windows Azure and I completed the certification on Azure "Designing and Developing Windows Azure Applications" (70-583) in the month of May 2012.

I would now like to get another certification preferably on .Net framework 4.0 (I dont have much experience working on .Net as I was working on Java for about two years.).

Please let me know any study material or suggestions as to which certification must be taken up before .Net framework 4.0.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Sneha

• Edited by snehakashyap Thursday, July 12, 2012 6:02 AM Modified title.
    Thursday, July 12, 2012 6:00 AM

Answers

• Since you took the "PRO" exam 70-583, you will probably want to complete the two MCTS exams that are required (along with 70-583) to achieve the "MCPD: Windows Azure Developer" certification (which is probably the reason why you took the PRO exam in the first place). These exams are the following:

Exam 70-513: TS: Windows Communication Foundation Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
    Exam 70-516: TS: Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

Follow the links to those exams from the cetification page:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/visual-studio-all.aspx#tab2

On each exam description page there is a list of "Preparation Materials" that you may find useful in order to prepare for the exams.

Thursday, July 12, 2012 6:55 AM

All replies

• Since you took the "PRO" exam 70-583, you will probably want to complete the two MCTS exams that are required (along with 70-583) to achieve the "MCPD: Windows Azure Developer" certification (which is probably the reason why you took the PRO exam in the first place). These exams are the following:

Exam 70-513: TS: Windows Communication Foundation Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
    Exam 70-516: TS: Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

Follow the links to those exams from the cetification page:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/visual-studio-all.aspx#tab2

On each exam description page there is a list of "Preparation Materials" that you may find useful in order to prepare for the exams.

Thursday, July 12, 2012 6:55 AM
  • Hi,

I am confused. I thought I have to complete .Net windows (70-511) or web application (70-515) development certification to go ahead with Windows Communication Foundation Development and Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4.

Aren't 70-511 or 70-515 considered basic certifications? Correct me if I am wrong.

I just want to be sure which certification to take it up.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Sneha

Thursday, July 12, 2012 10:37 AM
  • Hi,

what Alberto says is that you should take the exams 70-513 and 70-516 to complete the MCPD "Windows Azure Developer".

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Thursday, July 12, 2012 11:12 AM
    Answerer
  • You do not need to pass 70-511 or 70-515 to be able to take exams 70-513 and 70-516.  Furthermore, you can take exams in any order you wish.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:18 PM
  • Hi Sneha,

I am currently into EAI(Middleware) and planning to move into Cloud computing. I have read numerous articles, after which i have come to conclusion that taking certification with Microsoft(For SAAS + PAAS) is best that too Course Exam:70-583 as i am into developer role currently. I want to give certification on Azure "Designing and Developing Windows Azure Applications" (70-583). I have Few Questions around it as you have given examination recently

1. Study Material Referred for certification preparation?

2. Cost Of Exam( in INR) ?

3. Type of Questions asked?

Looking forward to hear from you very soon. 

Thanks and Regards,

Kausar 

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:49 AM
  • Hi Kausar,

Welcome. Cloud computing is fairly easy. You just need to get the concepts right :) and there are a lot of resources on MSDN.

1.  Study Material Referred for certification preparation?

Below are some of the links I used to prepare for my certification

2. Cost Of Exam( in INR) ?

The cost of the exam is $80, maximum Rs. 5000

3. Type of Questions asked?

I am afraid, I can't reveal that. You sign a NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) before writing the exam. But, all I can say is it is easy if you know your concepts right.

Good luck for your exam.

Happy Reading.

Cheers,

Sneha

• Edited by snehakashyap Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:24 AM Fixed a typo.
    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:24 AM
  • Hi Wharty,

I wanted to know whether I need to know all the concepts of 70-511 or 70-515 before I take up 70-513 or 70-516. I am a little new to the field of .Net. Not much work experience on Microsoft technologies apart from SQL Server and a bit of Windows Azure.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Sneha

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:28 AM
  • Hi Sneha,

With due respect to NDA that you signed , is it possible for you to give little insights about:

1. Whether it is coding based exam or is it mostly questions about new API's?

2. Topics that is mentioned under Skills Measured, will only those topics is covered in exam 70-583?

3. No . Of Questions?

4. Time of Examination?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Kausar Naqvi

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 10:59 AM