Error "Entity type not defined" on changing Currency Fields RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We are facing an issue while changing the currency type and saving a quote, error reads as "Entity type not defined" alert on webpage, this is a critical issue for us because customer does not have any meaningful message displayed on user end and this became high priority for us. looking out for some quick help in fourms, below are steps to reproduce and this can be easily reproduced in any instance

Steps to Reproduce on an existing/new instance:

1. Launch CRM Online app
    2. Go to Sales > Quote > Create a new Quote
    3. Click on “Currency Lookup” > “Look up for more records”.
    4. Clear the current currency value in search field, to get other currency values. In our case default was “US Dollar”, on clearing this value we were able to view “Canadian Dollar”
    5. Select other currency and click on “Add”.
    6. Now you should be able to view “Entity type not defined” and “Review all the money fields… “ popup loading one after another. As we have modified the currency value, second popup displaying text “Review all the money…” is expected. But we need to find root cause analysis for “Entity type not defined” issue.

Thanks in advance,

Kranthi Gullapalli

Monday, August 31, 2015 6:21 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I faced just the same issue as you mentioned. This is Microsoft bug and I suggest you to get in touch and request a hotfix.

Following steps provide workaround (but it is unsupported of course):

1. Create a webresource and add this code:

function quoteonload(){

Mscrm.QuoteMainSystemLibraryWebResource.onTransactionCurrencyChange = function() {
        !Mscrm.InternalUtilities.JSTypes.isNull(Xrm.Page.ui.controls.get("pricelevelid")) && Xrm.Page.data.entity.attributes.get("pricelevelid").setValue(null);
        Xrm.Utility.alertDialog(Xrm.Internal.getResourceString("LOCID_CURRENCY_CHANGE_ALERT"), null)
    };
    }

2. Add created webresource to quote form and add quoteonload to functions that would be called during onload.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 10:06 AM