none
I'm looking for a career in IT.....Which MS Exams do i need to take? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

This is my first post here and i'm sorry about the question, as i imagine it's been asked a number of times before in its different guises but i can't seem to find one that relates specifically to my circumstances.

So, i'm wanting to change career and get into the IT field. I'm 30yr old male from England and have no formal IT qualifications but have worked with computers in my home life and at work for about 15 yrs. I know all your basics, how to use windows and office, how to install an OS and programs, general troubleshooting in the home environment, how to configure a router and basic networking within windows. A lot of time at work i'm the go to person for a general IT problem that most users without much computer experience do not know how to fix. Nothing too technical, things like fixing audio settings, connecting cables, troubleshooting dual display problems etc. Things that i call basic IT problems, i'm by no means an expert but i'd say i know more than your average Joe. Computers and troubleshooting seem to be something i'm good at naturally.

So with that in mind i'm considering studying for an MS certification just to give me some formal quals that will allow me to apply for jobs in the IT field.

I figure that the first place to start is at the beginning, which i believe is helpdesk/dekstop support type of job (tell me if i'm wrong) so was wondering what courses would be best to study for that stepping stone onto the IT ladder.

If any of you nice people would be able to point me in the right direction i'd be very grateful. I've seen all sorts of courses and exams available so not too sure where to start.

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by ianoel Sunday, August 11, 2013 4:03 PM
    Sunday, August 11, 2013 4:01 PM

Answers

All replies