Memory fried while doing a restore with dual boot disk RRS feed

• Question

• I did feedback on this and the team says that the memory was bad when i started the restore, which is probobaly right, because the beta team has the error report to look at. Anyway I had already did two restores on the same computer that went smooth., no problems at all

I am just curious to know if anyone has seen this happen
    Thursday, July 3, 2008 10:34 PM

Answers

•  Dogtract wrote:

I did feedback on this and the team says that the memory was bad when i started the restore, which is probobaly right, because the beta team has the error report to look at. Anyway I had already did two restores on the same computer that went smooth., no problems at all

I've done multiple restores to one computer and it's never given a single problem. Formatting/reinstalling the OS cured the problem (backup issues). Had to format/reinstall the OS on a second machine due to backup issues. I've restored 3 other PC's in my home network and none of them has never had an issue with ram or the restore process.

The ram must have been bad to begin with.

Cruise
    Friday, July 4, 2008 2:01 PM
  • ! agree because i haven't had any problem of that nature except for the one time and i have run restore on vista home premium, vista ultimate, xp home, and xp pro, before powerpack,  I have so far just been using the one machine, ( xp home) as a guinea pig since starting the powerpack beta  I am running two home server's. The one i own (i unininstalled powerpack from it after i discovered here in the forum that i could run two home servers at once,to be safe )  and the beta software.  I am trying to get enough confidence to test restore with powerpack on another computer. Anyway I posted because

it happened, even though it was a one time event, and i hadn't dectected any ram problem previous to the restore, which doesn't really mean anything either. Just one of those agrravating flukes evidently, that happened during a beta test to complicate things

Friday, July 4, 2008 2:33 PM

All replies

•  Dogtract wrote:

I did feedback on this and the team says that the memory was bad when i started the restore, which is probobaly right, because the beta team has the error report to look at. Anyway I had already did two restores on the same computer that went smooth., no problems at all

I've done multiple restores to one computer and it's never given a single problem. Formatting/reinstalling the OS cured the problem (backup issues). Had to format/reinstall the OS on a second machine due to backup issues. I've restored 3 other PC's in my home network and none of them has never had an issue with ram or the restore process.

The ram must have been bad to begin with.

Cruise
    Friday, July 4, 2008 2:01 PM
  • ! agree because i haven't had any problem of that nature except for the one time and i have run restore on vista home premium, vista ultimate, xp home, and xp pro, before powerpack,  I have so far just been using the one machine, ( xp home) as a guinea pig since starting the powerpack beta  I am running two home server's. The one i own (i unininstalled powerpack from it after i discovered here in the forum that i could run two home servers at once,to be safe )  and the beta software.  I am trying to get enough confidence to test restore with powerpack on another computer. Anyway I posted because

it happened, even though it was a one time event, and i hadn't dectected any ram problem previous to the restore, which doesn't really mean anything either. Just one of those agrravating flukes evidently, that happened during a beta test to complicate things

Friday, July 4, 2008 2:33 PM