[URGENT] WLOC will not start RRS feed

• Question

• A few days ago (or, around a week ago), I remember fiddling around in msconfig.exe, I disabled all the services (why? I don't remember), click on "Apply," then re-enabled all of them, and then clicked on "Apply." Ever since that, WLOC v2 will NOT start. When Windows Vista starts up, it says something along the lines:

"The WLOC service has failed or is stopped. Please contact support."

Okay, so my first guess is: The service must be disabled. Hah, no, it isn't. It, and the other OneCare services (there's three: antivirus/antispyware, firewall, and windows live onecare - unless I'm missing some) are all set to "Automatic," however, the WLOC one is never started. The others are, but that one isn't. So I manually start, start up WLOC, then all is well.

But, you see, that defeats the point of a security suite program, if it doesn't start by its self, don't you think (in a sense)?

I've re-installed WLOC a countless number of times. I'm really stumped.

Note: I tried installing WLOC v1.6, and it installed perectly. It also started perfectly when Vista starts, too.

Thanks in advance.
    Friday, September 21, 2007 12:36 AM

Answers

• Most likely you disabled a One Care service dependency. You might try using System Restore to restore your computer state to a time that precedes your msconfig adventure. If you do try System Restore I would first uninstall One Care 1.6.

Friday, September 21, 2007 3:31 AM