Sending Email Marketing Campaign emails from an alternate email address RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to set up CRM 2011 to send multiple marketing campaign emails from an email address other than the user's primary email address and tracking the replies ? I have set up a user with Outlook where their primary address is an Exchange Server mailbox and the address that they wish to use to send from is a POP3 mailbox that has been added to their Outlook profile. They can send and track single emails to the alternate email address but when they send multiple marketing campaign emails they are sent from the primary Exchange Server email address and there does not appear to be an option to change this. If this is not possible are there any ways in which I could achieve this.

Thanks

John

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 3:08 PM

Answers

• Hi John,

When you say you can't change the sender - is it greyed out? If so, it is likely that you do not have 'send e-mail on behalf of another user' permissions. It is on the  'Business Management' tab of security roles.

You will also need to approve the email address for the queue.

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by JohnSwinson Saturday, July 21, 2012 10:18 AM
    Thursday, July 12, 2012 3:32 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi John,

You need to create a queue and use the Email Router to connect to the POP3 mailbox.

When you distribute the email activity, you mark it as being from the Queue rather than the user. When the emails are sent, they will not be sent via Outlook, but by the Email Router instead.

See the following for more info:

http://community.dynamics.com/product/crm/crmtechnical/b/lostinthoughtsofcrm/archive/2012/05/29/microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011-e-mail-router-deployment-scenarios-overview.aspx

and

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh699786.aspx

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 7:50 PM
    Answerer
  • I have done this and can send and track single emails from the queue and it all seems to work OK. However when I try send a "marketing campaign" email to every contact in a marketing list using the quick campairn wizard I cannot change the sender from the user to the queue.

Any further help would be much appreciated

Thanks

John

Thursday, July 12, 2012 1:29 PM
  • Hi John,

When you say you can't change the sender - is it greyed out? If so, it is likely that you do not have 'send e-mail on behalf of another user' permissions. It is on the  'Business Management' tab of security roles.

You will also need to approve the email address for the queue.

Scott

Scott Durow

• Marked as answer by JohnSwinson Saturday, July 21, 2012 10:18 AM
    Thursday, July 12, 2012 3:32 PM
    Answerer
  • I think this has fixed the problem

Thanks for your help

John

Saturday, July 21, 2012 10:19 AM