Why is it thal Windows live one care does not tune up my computer? RRS feed

• Question

• I did a registry scan and found 2276 errors but windows live scan tells me every time I scan that there are no errors. Secondly, I can not backup my computer data. Every time I try it does not recognize the cd or dvd. I have bought more than 50 cds and dvds and each time the computer does not recognize them  What is Windows live care doing for the suscription I am paying?
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 6:59 AM

Answers

• OneCare does not scan or clean the registry. You'll find many discussions on that topic here. My opinion is that registry cleaning is dangerous and mostly useless.
    For your backup issue, it is possible that something is conflicting with OneCare's backup component. This can be packet writing software that often gets installed and activated by default with CD/DVD Burning suites. InCd and DirectCD are two common ones that come with Nero and Roxio, respectively. Uninstall these and the problem may go away. Otherise, please contact support for help in resolving it.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 12:07 PM