Anyone else still getting the Primary Volume is failing message RRS feed

• Question

• I had this issue for about six months, every time a client logs in you get the message Volume with name Primary Volume is failing. Please try to run repair. I have run the repair on a number of occassions and after rebott the message goes away for a while then comes back. So last week I re-built my server, put in a new sys drive and re-installed WHS.

Now just logged on and got the message back

Using the excellent addin from Dojo north software, Home Server SMART i can see that there appears to be nothing at all wrong with any of my disks.

There is another thread on here from 2008 that was saying it would be fixed in PP1, we are at PP3 and its still there

Mal
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 2:33 PM

All replies

• I get this message every four days or so, regular as clockwork. I just run repair, which takes a couple of minutes, and then reboot, and I'm fine for the next four days. Some folks have a scheduled batch file to do the same thing.

Microsoft posted on the WHS forum in Connect back in February that they weren't going to fix this, and closed the issue:

Thank you very much for submitting feedback to us via Connect. Your input is very valuable to us. We are aware of the particular issue/feature request that you have reported. This issue was taken under consideration. At this time it is not addressable.

Best wishes,

Windows Home Server Team

Saturday, November 27, 2010 1:33 PM