Can One Care Save a computer running XP home RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi -

I'm turning to the forum as a lasts resort after weeks of frustration.  The hard short story is I installed system pack three and lost all of my network drivers, then lost part of the windows operating system - no start menu appeared just the icons on my desktop and access to files via windows + R.

I tried reinstalling using some DOS commands and it was clear that the recovery console was not coming back. At this point I cannot:

• Enter the bios menu.
    •  Cannot use a keyboard or mouse.  USB ports have lost their drivers
    • Am seeing only a corrupt \system32....
    • I cannot boot a start up disk
    • I've tried some self extrating boot disk to restore the bio and other files
    • I'ver tried to run the program disc and cannot because of the system32 error.

One Care is installed on the computer but it cannot find a connection to the server.  Is there anyway remote access can find its way into One Care to rescue my computer.

Any and all alternative plans of action before I do what I would least like to do which is abandon the machine and start from tabula rasa. 

Any and all suggestions are greatly welcome and if there is someone within NYC or nearby who is a certified Microsoft tech graduate and knows how to handle this please let me know. I'm desperate to get off line and live my life again.

Thanks.

Monday, September 15, 2008 3:08 AM

Answers

All replies