CRM 2013 Email Router Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am facing a problem in email router and have few questions on the same.

Here is the scenario. One of my client who is using CRM online, had email router configured for incoming emails. It was working fine till May 14th and because of there exchange issue the mails stopped processing from that day. After this we had stopped email router service.

Now the issue has been fixed and client is asking to enable email router back. So here are few questions.

1. Will the unprocessed emails from May 15th will come back to CRM?

2. Another concern is it should not process all emails which are available in mailbox(Earlier to May 15th)

3. I read this blog on such scenario but this was for MS CRM 2011. Don't know if it causes any problem for MS CRM 2013.

4. As an alternate approach, archiving earlier emails into different folder will solve the problem? Ultimately I require only new emails from current date should be proceeded into CRM.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ravi

Friday, September 19, 2014 12:55 PM

Answers

• There are 2 solutions for the scenario that i explained.

Either we can follow the steps mentioned in this blog or we can archive inbox contents and make it empty to proceed only new incoming mails

Regards,

Ravi

• Marked as answer by Ravi Kumar T Wednesday, November 19, 2014 5:09 AM
    Wednesday, November 19, 2014 5:09 AM

All replies

• I think the email router will continue processing any emails that if finds in the mailboxes it is checking that is has not already processed. If you are using a forward mailbox, then delete or remove the emails that you don't want it to process. For user mailboxes, I think it will carry on from after the last email it processed.
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 11:24 AM
  • If you are worried about missing emails.

You can go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM Email\Service

Delete the xml file ‘Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.SystemState.xml’

Restart the email router service.

It will create a SystemState.xml again then start processing.

Monday, October 6, 2014 7:05 AM
  • There are 2 solutions for the scenario that i explained.

Either we can follow the steps mentioned in this blog or we can archive inbox contents and make it empty to proceed only new incoming mails

Regards,

Ravi

• Marked as answer by Ravi Kumar T Wednesday, November 19, 2014 5:09 AM
    Wednesday, November 19, 2014 5:09 AM