Team-call group and simultaneous ringing does not work RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    we need to implement a helpdesk scenario for external customers. We decided to use one PSTN telephone number as a "helpdesk" number.
    I created an OCS "virtual" user (i.e. Helpdesk), enabled Enterprise Voice and assigned the "helpdesk" number as the telephone URI to it.
    I set this user as a MS Exchange Unified messaging enabled user (for the voice mail possibility purposes).
    I am able to call from PSTN to this Helpdesk user and answer the call through Office Communicator or redirect the call to the Voice Mail.
    I managed a team-call group for this Helpdesk user, which contains some OCS real user contacts. When the incoming call from PSTN is received for Helpdesk user, the team-call group OC clients are ringing and anybody from the team-call group is able to answer.

Problem:
    I need to set the simultaneous ringing for team-call group members on their mobile phones. When the team-call group member set his OC client to simultaneous ring, the incoming call from PSTN to the Helpdesk user is not forwarded to the mobile phone (it does not ring simultaneously on OC client and mobile phone).
    Is this scenario possible?

Thanks
    Vladimir

Tuesday, June 9, 2009 8:50 AM

Answers

• Hi

It's not supported to do forwarding or simultan ringing from the Communicator client, regarding Responce group and teamcalling, this funktion is only for the users private (DID).
    I hope that this will be in the next version :), I have also customers that need this funktion.

Jan Petersen
    • Marked as answer by VWojnar Tuesday, June 9, 2009 11:18 AM
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 10:48 AM

All replies

• Hi

It's not supported to do forwarding or simultan ringing from the Communicator client, regarding Responce group and teamcalling, this funktion is only for the users private (DID).
    I hope that this will be in the next version :), I have also customers that need this funktion.

Jan Petersen
    • Marked as answer by VWojnar Tuesday, June 9, 2009 11:18 AM
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 10:48 AM
  • Jan, thanks for reply. I tested the Response Group Service functionality with this scenario previously and finished with the same result... :-(
    Hopefully, this functionality will be implemented in the next version...

Vladimir
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 11:26 AM
  • Hi Vladimir,

Sim Ring is not really linked to presence so I am not really sure how the link would work as response groups are based upon who is available in the response group to answer the call. Maybe a setting that would forward the call regardless of presence would be required but that would kind of defeat the purpose of making sure you contact someone who is actually available. Just a thought.

Cheers
    Chris
    http://voipnorm.blogspot.com/
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 3:45 PM