Open Task window RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I want to open the task window when is select unknown type from picklist.

Can any one send me script to open the task window when picklist change even is fire?

Thanks,
    Meenakshi
    Wednesday, December 24, 2008 9:58 AM

Answers

• Hi Meenakshi,
        Try copying the code below to the OnChange event of the Relationship Type picklist on the account form. 
    This code open the "Task" activity if the value in the dropdown is 'unknown'.

if (crmForm.all.customertypecode.SelectedText == 'unknown')
    {
       var URL = '/activities/task/edit.aspx?pId=' + crmForm.ObjectId+ '&pType=1&pName=' +     crmForm.all.name.DataValue;

window.open(URL,"Activity","menubar=1, status=1,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,width=800, height=600");
    }

Regards,
    Hassan.
    Wednesday, December 24, 2008 11:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Meenakshi,
        Try copying the code below to the OnChange event of the Relationship Type picklist on the account form. 
    This code open the "Task" activity if the value in the dropdown is 'unknown'.

if (crmForm.all.customertypecode.SelectedText == 'unknown')
    {
       var URL = '/activities/task/edit.aspx?pId=' + crmForm.ObjectId+ '&pType=1&pName=' +     crmForm.all.name.DataValue;

window.open(URL,"Activity","menubar=1, status=1,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,width=800, height=600");
    }

Regards,
    Hassan.
    Wednesday, December 24, 2008 11:12 PM

• Hi,

I am able to open the task window. but one problem i there when i try to save the task against account record it is not getting saved. Because the account record is not saved.

I am able to popup the window when i try to edit the account record and the task is saved against the account.
    Monday, December 29, 2008 1:28 PM