Rank customers by past order amount RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, everyone. I want to ask some questions about ranking customers.

1、 Is there a built in function to rank customers by their previous order amount? Maybe past 1 year or past 6 months. If there is any, please tell me where it is, and how to operate.

2、 If there is no such function built in, is it possible to implement such a function by using workflow? If possible, please tell me how.

Thank you in advance.

希意禧(上海)系统有限公司 CRM销售顾问 guochuangang@cec-ltd.cn 我们为在中日企提供专业的ERP和CRM解决方案,有兴趣请电邮查询。 シーイーシー(上海) CRM営業コンサルタント guochuangang@cec-ltd.cn弊社は在中日系企業に専門的なERPやCRMソリューションをご提供します。お気軽にメールください。
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 7:55 AM

Answers

• You could simply configure this in the folowing way:
    - Create a new View for the Orders entity, having only the orders of the last 1 year or 6 months (or create 2 views to have both or as many as you want with different filters)
    - Create a new Chart for the Orders entity, having the Legend Entries ( Series ) set to Total Amount and select Sum. For Horizontal (Category) Axis Labels select Customer.
    - You may want to click Advanced Options and set the Top X items for the number of items in the chart.

If you now show the chart next to the view, you will have the data presented ranked on the total order amount per customer for the selected period.

Bertil

• Proposed as answer by Bertil Deuring Monday, May 2, 2011 12:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by Leo_GUO Friday, June 17, 2011 7:29 AM
    Monday, May 2, 2011 12:07 PM

All replies

• You could create an Order field on the Account form and increment it every time an Order is processed against the Account.  You can then use that value to rank. You should be able to do all this in a workflow.  You might have to set the initial value for existing Accounts and Orders but then you should be able to increment the value.  Just add the order total to the Account field you create as an incremented value in the workflow.

Regards, Donna

Monday, May 2, 2011 1:54 AM
  • You could simply configure this in the folowing way:
    - Create a new View for the Orders entity, having only the orders of the last 1 year or 6 months (or create 2 views to have both or as many as you want with different filters)
    - Create a new Chart for the Orders entity, having the Legend Entries ( Series ) set to Total Amount and select Sum. For Horizontal (Category) Axis Labels select Customer.
    - You may want to click Advanced Options and set the Top X items for the number of items in the chart.

If you now show the chart next to the view, you will have the data presented ranked on the total order amount per customer for the selected period.

Bertil

• Proposed as answer by Bertil Deuring Monday, May 2, 2011 12:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by Leo_GUO Friday, June 17, 2011 7:29 AM
    Monday, May 2, 2011 12:07 PM
  • Thank you, Bertil.

This could be a solution, I will try to explain this to my client.

Best regards

希意禧(上海)系统有限公司 CRM销售顾问 guochuangang@cec-ltd.cn 我们为在中日企提供专业的ERP和CRM解决方案,有兴趣请电邮查询。 シーイーシー(上海) CRM営業コンサルタント guochuangang@cec-ltd.cn弊社は在中日系企業に専門的なERPやCRMソリューションをご提供します。お気軽にメールください。
    Friday, June 17, 2011 7:29 AM