Reboot without warning - AGAIN!!! RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'm furious (again) with windows update. It just rebooted my (Vista Ultimate) system AGAIN without warning. I was ordering a new phone on the web and doing a Messenger video call when it happened. AND I had a VPC running. This was at least the 3rd time it's done this.

Is this happening to others?

I've now set windows update to only d/l updates but not install them. The problem is that One Care insists that I'm not protected and my shield in system tray is RED (at risk). It's like there's no acceptable middle ground between automatic reboots - er, updates - and rebooting when I'M READY TO REBOOT!!! One care can turn red when there are updates but I haven't installed them. That would be fine.

Is there a formal way to get this kind of complaint and suggestion to Microsoft's One Care support, or is this the correct forum for that? I only posted in this 'genuine advantage' forum because I found another post regarding windows update here and couldn't find a forum specifically for windows update.

Gerry
    Wednesday, September 10, 2008 11:07 PM

All replies

• Dear jeepguy-gsm,
    I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with One Care. Here is a link to the One Care Forum.

Regards,
    Jenifer
    Thursday, September 11, 2008 3:37 PM