NFS for WHS RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any 'supported' way to add NFS to WHS?  I have a need for a NFS datastore and I hate to invest money in a dedicated solution when I have a perfectly good WHS.

It looks like Microsoft Services for NFS is not present in WHS (only Windows Server 2003 R2?) and I don't want to pay $99 for Allegro NFS. 

thanks..........Bruce

Monday, February 15, 2010 2:49 PM

Answers

• Hi.  Try the link below, it worked for me :-)

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2009/12/11/guide-setting-up-nfs-in-whs/

• Proposed as answer by S_M_E Tuesday, February 16, 2010 5:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jonas Svensson -FST- Tuesday, February 23, 2010 11:04 PM
    Monday, February 15, 2010 9:50 PM
  • Is there any 'supported' way to add NFS to WHS?  I have a need for a NFS datastore and I hate to invest money in a dedicated solution when I have a perfectly good WHS.

It looks like Microsoft Services for NFS is not present in WHS (only Windows Server 2003 R2?) and I don't want to pay $99 for Allegro NFS. 

thanks..........Bruce

No, there is no supported way of adding NFS (since modifications would require logging into the server desktop and that is unsupported).
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 1:30 AM

All replies

• why not just use samba?  that works great with linux and unix.  I use it all the time from my linux box to my whs.
    • Proposed as answer by DrX69 Wednesday, February 24, 2010 9:49 PM
    Monday, February 15, 2010 3:37 PM
  • Hi.  Try the link below, it worked for me :-)

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2009/12/11/guide-setting-up-nfs-in-whs/

• Proposed as answer by S_M_E Tuesday, February 16, 2010 5:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jonas Svensson -FST- Tuesday, February 23, 2010 11:04 PM
    Monday, February 15, 2010 9:50 PM

thanks..........Bruce

No, there is no supported way of adding NFS (since modifications would require logging into the server desktop and that is unsupported).
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 1:30 AM