locked
2011 E-mail Router Error - 27938 - NullReferenceException RRS feed

  • Question

  • We have set a dozen users up in the e-mail router and the test works for all users in the configuration  manager but when running we receive an error every minute for only two of the users.  I have searched the forums for a reference to this specific error but have not been able to find anything:

     

    #27938 - An error occurred while checking for e-mail messages to process in mailbox [user@company.com]. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangeWSConnector.RetrieveMessage(ArrayList ids, Int32 index, ServiceLogger serviceLogger)

       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangePollingMailboxProvider.RetrieveNextMessageInternal()

       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.CrmPollingMailboxProvider.RetrieveNextMessage()

       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.CrmPollingMailboxProvider.Run()

     

    Thanks in advance for any ideas/help.

    Saturday, September 17, 2011 3:21 PM

Answers

  • For the moment we have abandoned trying to use the e-mail router to process inbound e-mail.  We switched to using a forward e-mail box but we found we could not use the Rule Deployment Wizard.  It threw exceptions when using the .NET DirectoryEntry class indicating the object could not be found on the server which would indicate a failed LDAP request.  I wrote some code to use GC:// to search for the user as I assume the Rule Deployment Wizard would do any it had no issues so we are reverting to deploying the forward rules manually. The whole process with the e-mail router has been far too buggy.
    • Marked as answer by LCVS Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:18 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 9:10 PM

All replies

  • I am not 100% sure if this is the same issue as this person reported other errors in addition to this one, but it is worth checking out.

    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/de/crmgerman/thread/5c072a12-08d5-4e59-887d-b50529a1f24a

     


    Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 4:37 PM
    Moderator
  • Thanks but I do not know if it is the same issue.  In their cases they had issues connecting to the mailboxes and the 27938 error seems to come in a lot of different flavors.  In my case the test completes successfully for every mailbox and outgoing send and I only receive errors for 2 out of 10 users so it seems like it has something to do with the content of those mailboxes.
    Monday, September 19, 2011 7:05 PM
  • Do the two users have anything common? Aka upgraded from Exchange 2003-2010, or their mailboxes are hosted on an exchange store that the CRM service account for the email router cannot access them? Download the CRM4diag tool, and run a trace to review the log errors. Just using the event viewer will not get you the results you want. Also, open up exchange OWA (Web mail) as the crmrouter service account, and then attempt to open when of the users mailboxes by selecting open mailbox. This will confirm you can access and view the mailbox.

    Monday, September 19, 2011 10:17 PM
  • In addition to the other suggestions, please ensure that the two user's CRM Outlook Client Options are set correctly under the E-mail tab and on the User record Outgoing and Incoming fields.  Also ensure that you have selected the Approve Email button on the User record Ribbon.

    Regards, Donna

    Friday, September 23, 2011 2:53 PM
  • For the moment we have abandoned trying to use the e-mail router to process inbound e-mail.  We switched to using a forward e-mail box but we found we could not use the Rule Deployment Wizard.  It threw exceptions when using the .NET DirectoryEntry class indicating the object could not be found on the server which would indicate a failed LDAP request.  I wrote some code to use GC:// to search for the user as I assume the Rule Deployment Wizard would do any it had no issues so we are reverting to deploying the forward rules manually. The whole process with the e-mail router has been far too buggy.
    • Marked as answer by LCVS Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:18 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 9:10 PM
  • Hi,

    I had the same error flooding the logs of our CRM 2011 server. One mail queue did not work. but the other queues worked. All the settings matched, no error with the mailbox, but the mail did not get transferred from the exchange mailbox to crm 2011. After talking with a Microsoft support technician the solution was really simple. It's even a clue in the stacking trace in the error message. "System.NullReferenceException" refers to some field having a value of null. In my case we found a bunch of mail where the "From" adress field had no value. I moved those mails out of the mailbox, into a pst file, restarted the router service and presto. All the other mails started flowing into crm again. Problem solved :-)

    Friday, March 8, 2013 11:20 AM
  • Hi,

    I had the same error flooding the logs of our CRM 2011 server. One mail queue did not work. but the other queues worked. All the settings matched, no error with the mailbox, but the mail did not get transferred from the exchange mailbox to crm 2011. After talking with a Microsoft support technician the solution was really simple. It's even a clue in the stacking trace in the error message. "System.NullReferenceException" refers to some field having a value of null. In my case we found a bunch of mail where the "From" adress field had no value. I moved those mails out of the mailbox, into a pst file, restarted the router service and presto. All the other mails started flowing into crm again. Problem solved :-)

    Thank you.  This was the solution that fixed my issue.
    Monday, April 1, 2013 3:25 PM