My product key RRS feed

• Question

• I bought miscrosoft 2007 in August and I am trying to download it onto my laptop but it says my code is invalid and it shouldn't be. How can I make it work or get a new code?
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 4:16 PM

Answers

• Hello cinderellie,

If you are being told by Office setup that your Product Key is invalid while trying to type it into Setup, then the Product Key you have does not match the product you are trying to install.

Please tell us the EXACT name of the product you are trying to install (read it from the disc).

Then please tell us the EXACT name of the product that is printed on the same label that has the Product Key printed on it--depending upon the product, this could be the "Proof of License" yellow-orange label, or the Certificate of Authenticity label.  BUT!!!  Do not post the product key itself.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, January 19, 2010 9:51 PM
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 11:14 PM

All replies

• Hello cinderellie,

If you are being told by Office setup that your Product Key is invalid while trying to type it into Setup, then the Product Key you have does not match the product you are trying to install.

Please tell us the EXACT name of the product you are trying to install (read it from the disc).

Then please tell us the EXACT name of the product that is printed on the same label that has the Product Key printed on it--depending upon the product, this could be the "Proof of License" yellow-orange label, or the Certificate of Authenticity label.  BUT!!!  Do not post the product key itself.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, January 19, 2010 9:51 PM
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 11:14 PM
  • No reply to request for additional information.

Closing thread as Answered.

Darin MS

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 9:51 PM