network card RRS feed

• Question

• Somehow I disabled my network card how do I enable it
    Monday, October 10, 2011 5:55 PM

Answers

• Assuming you're taking about your home server, log on to the server, open Control Panel, select Network Connections, find the disabled network connection (probably the only network connection), right click, and select "Enable" from the context menu. While the specifics differ somewhat on other Microsoft operating systems, the basic concept is the same.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, October 10, 2011 6:15 PM

All replies

• Assuming you're taking about your home server, log on to the server, open Control Panel, select Network Connections, find the disabled network connection (probably the only network connection), right click, and select "Enable" from the context menu. While the specifics differ somewhat on other Microsoft operating systems, the basic concept is the same.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, October 10, 2011 6:15 PM
  • Just assuming, that your server has a video card, Kens answer will work. Otherwise not. If the server is headless, you might have to perform a server reinstall or find and alter the registry key appropriate for your network adapter after attaching the system disk to another system and loading the HKLM hive into its registry editor.

Best greetings
    Olaf

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 1:34 PM