none
How to answers

Question

• I'm trying to reply on forums but it is showing, spam related message so please suggest me what is problem.
    Thursday, October 6, 2016 4:47 AM

Answers

• From what I can see this was the autospam filter. But that's a bit odd, usually the post would also be deleted if the autospam filter catches it.

Personally I'd have marked that post as spam. Dredging up an old thread just to advertise is not something I support. If the thread had been currently active, I'd have a different opinion.

Thursday, October 6, 2016 12:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I do no tknow exactly what you mean. Could you explain in detail, what your problem is?

I could see, that you was able to reply (e.g. Outlook related thread) but that your reply was reported as abusive.

So when I look at the thread, then I see, that you more or less wrote an ad for (maybe your) product. That could be seen as spam of course (and maybe some administrators will see it that way)

But in this case it is a valid response. There is no Microsoft Tool to solve the issue (MSFT answer says, that a 3rd party tool is required) and there is already another pointer to a 3rd party tool in there. So in my eyes this is a valid response (Or the other link should also go if no 3rd party stuff is wanted inside the forums which I do not share in this case. Pointers to multiple 3rd party solutions are something that I would like to see if I got that problem.).

(But I am not a moderator in that forum. So it is just my personal view that someone might share or not.)

With kind regards,

Konrad

Thursday, October 6, 2016 6:46 AM
  • I think that it's his action to consecutively posts reply in multiple threads recommanding this product that makes the forum moderators think he is posting advertisement for his product, which in turn violates the "Term of use" located in the bottom of the page.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Profile/rollins%20duke/activity

There is no problem suggesting solution to a problem even if it's your product (some moderators may have a different opinion on this) but I recommand that you not do to this multiple times on a row.
    • Edited by cheong00 Thursday, October 6, 2016 7:14 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Naomi NModerator Thursday, October 6, 2016 2:05 PM
    Thursday, October 6, 2016 7:11 AM
  • From what I can see this was the autospam filter. But that's a bit odd, usually the post would also be deleted if the autospam filter catches it.

Personally I'd have marked that post as spam. Dredging up an old thread just to advertise is not something I support. If the thread had been currently active, I'd have a different opinion.

Thursday, October 6, 2016 12:52 PM
  • I agree with Mike. In fact, when I review the user profile, it seems the purpose of the account is to advertise a third party tool for converting Outlook messages. Recommending third party tools is allowed (I have done it myself) but I have also seen accounts banned when that is the sole purpose. I have also seen many Wiki articles describing and linking to similar third party tools deleted. The reasoning often is that they are not balanced.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, October 6, 2016 1:07 PM