BDBB - restore to WHS 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• The WHS v1 add-on named Backup Database Backup does not appear to be convertible to WHS 2011.

Does anyone know the technical details on how to bring these Client backups into the 2011 world? Heaven forbid that we might have an add-on in the works. I would gladly pay for this needed application as I have over 4TD of client backups that require my maintaining a V1 whs.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 10:47 PM

All replies

• You can't - WHS and WHS2011 use different technologies.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 12:46 AM
  • Phil, thanks for the reply. "Can't" is a big word! Hopefully others will reply with information about any existing or planned resolutions to this issue.
    media smart servers. One running V1 and another running WHS 2011. Without a conversion process I will need to keep my V1 server for the exclusive purpose of being able to access my V1 Client Backups. What a waist of resources.

Only God knows how many petabytes of V1 WHS client Backups exist. I hind it hard to believe that a solution has not been created, or is in the process of being created. I believe there is a huge market willing to pay for a solution to this issue. I would gladly pay $30.00 or more for this solution. I suspect that a vendor could sell 500 to 1000 licenses in the first few months of its release.

The omission of such a resolution from Microsoft is on the same level as the release of the first iteration of WHS with a data corrupting bug. Does anyone know if Windows Server 2012 has a Client Backup conversion utility?

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 6:20 PM
  •  Does anyone know if Windows Server 2012 has a Client Backup conversion utility?

No it doesn't!

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 6:50 PM