SQLServer Express 2008 -ClientProvider RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
     When do you plan to release(do you have such a plan) an  ClientProvider for SQLServer Express2008 using build-in ChnageTracking support?

Thanks
    Cristi
    • Moved by Hengzhe Li Friday, April 22, 2011 5:03 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 3:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Cristi,

I appologize that I can not be any more specific than that we are targeting to have a SQL Express Client Provider that works with Sync Services for ADO.NET available in the last half of this year.  I would like to point out that since we are looking to also support pre-SQL Server 2008 databases the change tracking initially may not be based on the internal change tracking available only in SQL Server 2008.

Liam
    Program Manager, Data Replication and Synchronization - http://msdn.microsoft.com/sync/
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 8:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Cristi,

I appologize that I can not be any more specific than that we are targeting to have a SQL Express Client Provider that works with Sync Services for ADO.NET available in the last half of this year.  I would like to point out that since we are looking to also support pre-SQL Server 2008 databases the change tracking initially may not be based on the internal change tracking available only in SQL Server 2008.

Liam
    Program Manager, Data Replication and Synchronization - http://msdn.microsoft.com/sync/
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 8:53 PM
  • No offense, but that's really, really late... Sync Services and MSF have been here for a long while now, but still no SQL Express version is available.

I'm looking for a download only version here, where SQL 2008 is a the server and SQL Express 2005 or 2008 is the client.

Friday, February 27, 2009 8:01 AM
  • That's indeed a bit late. Will the SQLExpress syncprovider support batching and full schema replication?
    • Proposed as answer by mn1aC Thursday, April 2, 2009 1:03 PM
    Friday, March 27, 2009 10:07 AM
  • I agree !
    • Proposed as answer by mn1aC Thursday, April 2, 2009 1:03 PM
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 1:03 PM